Editors TIME called the top ten games of the past decade – true, without a distribution of places.
Authors of the magazine, on the fresh cover of which flaunts Disco elysium, note that over the past 10 years, the video game industry has become the most profitable among entertainment, bypassing films, television and music.
Over the past decade, games have emerged from their own niche, taking their place in the lives of ordinary people. But let’s move on to the list of the best of the best:
- Grand theft auto v – for tremendous financial success and high quality
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – for the best open world
- Dark souls – for unobtrusive narrative, influence on the industry and gameplay formula
- Pokemon go – because everyone played it in 2016
- Portal 2 – for a smart game with an interesting story
- Disco elysium – for the arrival of a smart classic game in a modern wrap
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – for creating the phenomenon … on all available platforms
- Minecraft – for tremendous success
- Fortnite – for tremendous success
- League of Legends – for the formation of the gold standard in e-sports