The first post-launch patch is coming to LawBreakers on PC. Update 1.1 includes a bunch of gameplay balance changes, while also squashing some nasty bugs. It’s not yet clear when the update will hit PS4, but it shouldn’t be too long of a wait for console players.
Here’s the full list of changes that update 1.1 brings:
- *NEW* Open Stash Boxes while waiting in matchmaking lobby and queue!
“We’ve gotten a lot of feedback about the feeling of Gunslinger’s Warp ability. Our intention with Warp is to keep it primarily as in-combat mobility option, but we understand it can leave him feeling sluggish when simply traversing the map. Gaining momentum with abilities and keeping it with well-timed skip jumps is a key mechanic in the game, so we’ve bumped up the impulse gained from using Warp to better help him ramp up to speed. In terms of combat Gunslinger is dominant right now, so we’ve nudged down his fully charged Omega damage and reduced the headshot multiplier on the TAC-knife so that it no longer one-shots squishy enemies.
Gunslinger is also getting a new mechanic. Gunslinger’s identity is all about precision – with no splash damage in his kit he lives or dies by his aim. We thought this was a good opportunity to reward Gunslinger’s who aim true.”
- Horizontal warp impulse increased 300 → 500
- New mechanic: landing a fully charged Omega headshot now replenishes a Warp ability charge.
- Reduced Headshot damage multiplier on TAC Knife from 1.5 → 1.25.
- Reduced fully charged Omega max damage from 160 → 150.
“Harrier’s Convergence ability is meant to deal tons of damage at the cost of reduced mobility, but it was so overtuned that you’d get melted before you could react to it. We’re dropping the DPS on the super laser to make it easier for coordinated teams to take advantage of Harrier’s vulnerability.”
- Decreased Harrier’s Convergence ability damage per second from 500 → 400.
“The Wasp stab is getting the same precision treatment we gave to Assassin during beta. Wraith’s are going to have to be more accurate if they want the full damage out of the stab.”
- Wasp stab base damage reduced 125 → 75
- *NEW* stab precision damage → 125
- Fixed a bug where Gunslinger would sometime’s get stuck in a state where they could not shoot.
- Fixed an issue where Harrier’s Shoc-Croc may not have applied damage in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where Crisper was dealing extra damage briefly after coming out of Berserk mode.
- Enemy impulses now affect Wraith’s Wasp Stab and Slide abilities.
- Fixed in game animdynamics on all characters.
- Dynamic character elements such as hair, ammo packs, and belts will now animate in game and not just in the menus.
- Fixed an issue where selected gamepad presets wouldn’t reset to default correctly.
Text / Languages –
- Updated text for supported languages to fix issues relted to achievements, scoring events, and menus.
- Greatly improved match filling logic.
- Most cases where a game was unable to fill to 5 players have been addressed.
PC ONLY GENERAL ADDITIONS/IMPROVEMENTS:
- *NEW Beta Feature* Korean has been added as a language option.
- New features flagged as Beta are still in development and may experience issues.
- Mouse sensitivity slider can now be adjusted from 0.1 – 39.9.
It looks like the folks over at Boss Key Productions are still grinding hard to support their game. If there’s one way to help boost a dwindling player count, it’s to stay dedicated.
Cliff Bleszinski referred to the game’s success as “a marathon not a sprint,” so expect the patches and support to keep on coming.
Source: LawBreakers Forums