Dante? Crash Bandicoot? Nintendo has announced the presentation of a new fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
January 16 at 17:00 Moscow time will be the presentation of a new fighter for fighting game Super Smash Bros. Ultimatecompany said Nintendo. Its lead will be the head of game development Masahiro Sakurai. The broadcast will last 35 minutes. In Russian, it can be viewed on the official Nintendo Russia YouTube channel.
January 16 at 17:00 (Moscow time) you can watch a new presentation, which will last about 40 minutes and where the director #SmashBrosUltimate Masahiro Sakurai will introduce a new DLC fighter!
Watch here on January 16: https://t.co/mbC3SN8CCN pic.twitter.com/zYaVfSQI7I
– Nintendo Russia (@NintendoRU) January 14, 2020
Nintendo is left to show the last fighter of the first wave of additional characters. He was promised to be released before February 2020. Then the developers will begin to add a second wave of DLC heroes to the game. Their names are unknown.
Fans believe that the February character may be Dante from Devil may cry, and that’s why:
- In 2018, when answering questions about the likelihood of Dante appearing in a fighting game roster, Capcom representatives said that, for starters, the Devil May Cry series games need to appear on the Nintendo system. As a result, they appeared there. The first and second parts have already been reissued on Switch, and the third on the way.
- Capcom employees have promised buyers of Devil May Cry 3 for Switch “something special”, urging them to follow the news on January 16, January 30 and February 13. January 16 is the day of the new Super Smash Bros. presentation. Ultimate
- Hideki Kamiya, the creator of Devil May Cry, retweeted the announcement of the program.
There is also a theory that Crash Bandicoot will be the last additional fighter of the first wave. – once a symbol of the PlayStation and competitor Mario, today is the hero of the multi-platform games from Activision, which are also on Switch as well.
Users noticed that in the photo attached to the announcement of the presentation, Sakurai shows three fingers – something like Crash Bandicoot on the Japanese cover of remasters of the first trilogy.
ス マ ブ ラ の 新 フ ァ イ タ ー 分 か っ た わ pic.twitter.com/6LZITLghf1
– 社 畜 の よ ー だ (@no_shachiku_no) January 14, 2020
Another rival to Mario’s nineties, Sonic, has been featured on the Smashes roster on an ongoing basis since Super Smash Bros. Brawl on Wii.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the most successful fighting game in history. Its sales as of September 30, 2019 are 15.71 million copies.
Our review on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate read here.
Read also: “We’re Born to Play” – Super Nintendo World Amusement Park Concept Video Presented.
Add to our Telegram channel via the link or search for it manually in the search by name gmradost. There we publish, including that which does not fall into the news feed.. Also subscribe to us in Yandex.Zen, Twitter and VK. And do not forget that we have a dark theme and a ribbon instead of tiles.