Adventure game Ghost of tsushima surpassed The Last of Us Part II in 2020 sales in the American segment of the PlayStation Storebut a brainchild Naughty dog pulled ahead in the overall national charts thanks to higher disc sales. This is stated in the report of the rating company NPD, which has access to statistics for both retail and digital stores.
It is reported that The Last of Us Part II ranked sixth in the overall US gaming chart for 2020 sales revenue. At the same time, among the games published by Sony, it is already one of the three highest grossing games in the history of the PlayStation brand in the United States.… At the moment there are only Spider-man and God of warreleased in 2018 and sold, respectively, for more than two years.
Other interesting data:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is the most successful game of December and 2020 in the USA… At the same time, on the second line in the general annual chart is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare… Franchise Activision has consistently dominated US sales revenue for 12 years.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons for Switch Ranked # 3 in US sales for all 2020 and # 6 on the December chart… But here it is immediately worth noting that for Nintendo games, NPD has access only to retail data – digital statistics are classified, and New Horizons also has impressive ones. Nintendo itself confirmed that at launch the game generated 50% of sales in the digital store eShop. NPD does not take this into account.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Largest Nintendo US release in terms of dollar-based physical sales per calendar year since Wii Fit Plus (2010)…
- Nintendo Games Took Half of December’s Top 20 US Charts, despite the fact that NPD does not have digital data on them – they were included in the rating solely on the basis of physical sales.
- The long-awaited role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077, which appeared on December 10, debuted in the United States in second place in December and in 19 place in the ranking for the entire 2020 – and by analogy with the hits of Nintendo, also excluding digital sales revenue.
December 2020 US sales revenue chart (Nintendo games and Cyberpunk 2077 – excluding digital sales, the rest – boxes + digital):
December and all 2020 charts for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft platforms:
Overall sales revenue chart for the entire 2020 (Nintendo games and Cyberpunk 2077 – excluding digital sales):
Read also: Ranked # 1 for 25 consecutive months: Nintendo Switch became the best-selling console in December and 2020 in the US…
Add to our Telegram channel by the link or search for it manually in the search by name gmradost… There we publish, including what does not get into the news feed. Also subscribe to us in Yandex.Dzene, Twitter and VK. And don’t forget that we now have a dark theme and ribbon instead of tiles.