Blue Byte is the historical German the settlers games software house responsible for two extremely famous sagas in northern Europe, so much so that it has kept its name even after the acquisition of Ubisoft, which took place at the beginning of the millennium. They are that of Battle Isle (which stopped in 2001 with Andosia War: a reboot was scheduled to be staged in 2014) and above all that of the Settlers who has lived on alternate successes up to the present day. It is therefore surprising to discover a new intellectual property by the Dusseldorf studios, the first by Extreme Assault, an action dated 1997.
As we have pointed out in our recent preview, it is not appropriate to be deceived because this Champions of Anteria is actually a rib of what should have been the eighth episode of Settlers that, after having taken the concrete risk of being canceled perhaps because it was too far from the dictates of the famous management, was taken up and packaged in the arc in the last few months.
There is too much meat in the fire, with the result that none of the blue byte video games,two souls of Anteria manages to convince
BARRELED BY ORBS
The three are bored to death because they do not find bad enough “bad” to play with good reason: so understandable the enthusiasm in dealing with a new and challenging challenge in which the nice thief chases Bryan, the narrative voice of the story, put to the pillory by a powerful magician.
The challenge blue byte software is obviously to bring order to the native lands and become champions of Anteria: in this mission they will soon be joined by two other freaks, that is the vagabond Baltasar and the warrior Oona.
Blue byte technology solutions to achieve the goal we must engage on two fronts: on the one hand there is a macroeconomic profile that betrays the “settlerian” origins bluebyte; on the other, a MOBA-style section in which to lead the team to the liberation of the territories.
The map is developed similar to that of the Risiko: it starts with a small region in the center that needs to expand conquering the neighboring ones. Just as in the famous canned blue byte games progress is measured by shifts that correspond to 24 hours; with the rise of the new day both the resources produced by the capital and those brought in dowry by the controlled regions enter the coffers of the state.
At this point, as traditionally blue byte video games, things get complicated. From the appropriate buildings are produced the five elements on which the mechanics of the Champions of Anteria are based blue byte gmbh and for each of these there is a dedicated structure.
Gold and fame come from the latter. Not having armies to manage the only real purpose of the structures is to build upgrades for the heroes: both weapons and armor that permanently modify the statistics of the warriors, both potions and other ammumos to be used one-off that prove equally essential for the success of the mission.
- Blue Byte ubisoft Games developed and/or published
- Great Courts (1989) — Sports
- Twinworld (1989) — Platform
- Great Courts 2 (1990) — Sports
- Tom and The Ghost (1990) — Action
- Atomino (1991) — Puzzle
- Pro Tennis Tour 2 (1991) — Sports
- Battle Isle (1991) — Strategy
- Apidya (1992)
- Battle Isle Data Disk I (1992) — Strategy
- Ugh! (1992) — Puzzle
- Battle Isle Data Disk II (1993) — Strategy
- Jimmy Connors Pro Tennis Tour (1993) — Sports
- History Line: 1914-1918 (1993) — Strategy
- Yo! Joe! Beat the Ghosts (1993) — Platform (developed by Scipio)
- The Settlers (1993) — Strategy
- Battle Isle II (1994) — Strategy
- Battle Isle II Data Disk I (1994) — Strategy
- Battle Isle III (1995) — Strategy
- Albion (1995) — Role-playing video game
- Archimedean Dynasty (1996) — Submarine shooter
- Chewy: ESC from F5 (1996) — Adventure (developed by New Generation Software)
- The Settlers II (1996) — Strategy
- Dr. Drago’s Madcap Chase (1997) — Strategy
- Extreme Assault (1997) — Action
- Incubation (1997) — Strategy
- Game, Net & Match! (1998) — Sport
- The Settlers III (1998) — Strategy
- Star Trek: Starship Creator (1999)
- Stephen King’s F13 (2000) — Simulation
- The Settlers IV (2001) — Strategy
- Battle Isle: The Andosia War (2001) — Strategy
- The Settlers: Heritage of Kings (2005) — Strategy
- The Settlers II 10th Anniversary (2006) — Strategy
- The Settlers: Rise of an Empire (2007) — Strategy
- The Settlers: Rise of Cultures (2008) — Strategy
- Anno 1404 (2009) — (developed with Related Designs)
- Anno 1404: Venice (2010) — (developed with Related Designs)
- The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom (2010)
- The Settlers – My City (2010)
- The Settlers Online (2010)
- Anno 2070 (2011) — (developed with Related Designs)
- Anno Online (2013) — (developed with Related Designs)
- Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 (2013)
- Silent Hunter Online (2013)
- Panzer General Online (2013)
- Might & Magic: Heroes Online (2014) — (developed with Blue Byte Mainz)
- Anno 2205 (2015) — (developed with Blue Byte Mainz)
- Assassin’s Creed Identity (2016)
- Champions of Anteria (2016)
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege (2016)
- For Honor (2017)
- South Park: The Fractured but Whole (2017) — (developed with Ubisoft San Francisco)
- Skull & Bones (Fall 2018) — (developed with Ubisoft Singapore)
Obviously not everything is available from the beginning: the list of power-ups must be released using the fame points that allow you to develop a very long tree of skill. It is a very cumbersome and cumbersome structure: in order to build a simple ballista to be placed on the battlefield, it is necessary to first unlock the blacksmith skill; then we must physically construct a forge (which will produce metallic material); then use the fame points to activate the master engineer and then build the scientist’s laboratory.
Only at this point, provided you have the sufficient amount of iron and money, you can make the desired ballista. Please note that this is one of the first and basic units: as the game progresses the ramifications are amplified more and more and it can really become complicated to follow them all. After hurrying the tedious microeconomics practices you can go back to the game map (or better to the maps: there are four levels set in as many scenarios) and decide where and how to move.
If you want to wait a few turns before declaring war, but to stall means to expose yourself to the strengthening of enemy files and the possible counterattack: artificial intelligence is very good at keeping pressure on the player who can never sit on his laurels. it will be possible to realize the desired ballista. Please note that this is one of the first and basic units: as the game progresses the ramifications are amplified more and more and it can really become complicated to follow them all.
After hurrying the tedious microeconomics practices you can go back to the game map (or better to the maps: there are four levels set in as many scenarios) and decide where and how to move. If you want to wait a few turns before declaring war, but to stall means to expose yourself to the strengthening of enemy files and the possible counterattack: artificial intelligence is very good at keeping pressure on the player who can never sit on his laurels. it will be possible to realize the desired ballista.