Andrey Ghostik Kadik shared his opinion about the rehash in the Dota 2 teams from the CIS. In an interview with Cybersport.ru participant B8 esports told about leaving Zaura Cooman Shakhmurzaev in Virtus.pro, and also explained why he decided to play with Danil Dendi Ishutin.
– Why did you leave Team spirit? Was this your initiative or team decision?
– It was a team decision – not mine. Why this happened, I will not speak out of respect for the people who work in this organization. We broke up with them in a very good relationship. I was pleased to play in this club, so I will not make any insider information. People themselves can judge whether this team has benefited or not.
– What were your options besides the Dendi team?
– There was an option to go to one of the teams with a slot in a closed qualification. There was another option in another region. But I was leaning towards the team with Dendi, because this option was still at the start of the season. Given that Dania [Dendi] decided to skip the first major, I started performing with the guys from Positive guys. Then we went to the major, and we did not succeed together [с Dendi] play. Apparently, fate.
– And why did you exactly like the composition of Dendi?
– I already played with him for about a month. I was impressed by his approach to training, to the game. It seemed that a person close to his heart.
– Does he have any special approach to training?
– In some aspects, yes.
– Judging by the tweet from your organization, you are with Cooman remained in a warm relationship. Did you try to persuade him to remain in the team or reacted with understanding to his decision?
– To be honest, I do not think that the players remained in a warm relationship. I won’t be cunning here. The situation is such that every ambitious player in his career has a moment when he needs to decide whether to act according to his conscience or pursue his ambitions.
There are transitions to the team, which, in my understanding, are normal – the person decided to leave and said this in advance, so that the team had a chance to find a replacement. Or he played for some organization for a long time, the season ended, and he switched – this is normal, there can be no offense. And there are actions when … I was very kind to him in principle and did not believe that a person can just pick up and leave the bootcamp three or four days before the start of the qualification. Yes, I can partially understand that this is Virtus.pro – a name, high-class players. But still I think it would be honest to do it after qualification.
– What other players were considered for Cooman?
– Honestly, in four days it was difficult to do. That pio65 responded, saved us. We needed a player who already has experience. Because the players were still completely green – from the public, they need to be taught a lot. In that case, it would be better to skip qualifications. But pio65 responded, quickly arrived at the bootcamp. Yes, we did not qualify, but in the current situation this was the expected outcome.
– How much time was there to prepare for qualifications in such a composition?
“Two to three days.”
– In open qualifiers you lost Modus unity. What happened at that moment in the team after the defeat? What were the expectations from qualifications in general?
– The most annoying thing is that we played well in training – that with Zaur [Cooman]that with pio65. Of course, training is training, a game is a game. Everything changes, somewhere excitement plays a role, and you lose in best-of-1. It’s a shame that they could not realize their potential, which we really had – and now, I hope, remained.
After the defeat, they were upset. Everyone, of course, understood that such an option was possible – that, given the situation, we might not have passed open qualifications. Even if Cooman didn’t leave, there would still be a chance that we would not qualify for the closed qualifiers – there is always such a chance. In my career, this happened, frankly. We are upset, but we are moving on what to do.
– Who is responsible for coordination – Dendi or all together? Someone, probably, prompts, from outside helps him?
– Dendi does everything, in essence. We communicate, of course, with the team. Depending on our wishes, he directs the game.
– What do you think about the current situation in the CIS? Did Virtus.pro really strengthen with such replacements in the roster?
– At a short distance – intensified. On a long one it’s hard to say. On their part, I can understand these replacements: they want to strengthen the team in any way right here and now.
Regarding the entire scene in the CIS, it seems to me that the level of qualifiers specifically for this major was not very high. Because of all these situations, permutations – all this affected. Due to the fact that there is no stability, one does not have to judge any upscale game. Usually a team qualifies, but it may perform poorly at the tournament itself.
– IN Natus vincere CeMaTheSlayeR replaced Zayacbut the team performed well on the qualification. Is this a worthy replacement for Bakytu? Why hadn’t he been called to such top teams before?
– Semen [CeMaTheSlayeR] passed with me on majors – there were already top teams! (Laughs) Just kidding, I understand everything. I treat Semyon well, he is a strong player. Of course, I played with him when he performed at the “five”, but he always gravitated to the fourth position. It all depends on him. I will not compare two players, because, in my understanding, these are players of different planes. At a long distance – we’ll see.
– In your opinion, did you manage to reach out to people when you wrote about criticism of the players?
– Partly, I think so. I really began to notice more often that on broadcasts people more readily approach games, start talking about lining – think about such things. It was nice.
But I was not the first to talk about it, this has already happened. And each time it helped only at a short distance, then everyone forgot about this dispute, and everything returned to normal. Let’s see how it will be this time. Probably, if other players had publicly supported this position, the situation would have improved. But while the players themselves are silent, something will not work.
– Your first rival on WePlay! will become Team secret. Due to what can you beat such a strong opponent – a favorite of the tournament?
– Due to good preparation, because they do not know what to expect from us. Secret just played in qualifying – it can help us. It’s hard to say what to expect from the match. It all depends on the form in which our opponent is now.
– Have you seriously prepared for this tournament?
– Specifically, we did not prepare for this tournament, since we received an invite at the last moment.
– What are the pros and cons of the current patch in Dota 2 can you highlight?
– I like the patch. Very often I read that Dota is changing a lot – all this is nonsense, I’m sure. The game needs to be updated every time, to make it more interesting, so that people learn something. For an ordinary player who comes in two or three times a week, the changes may be cardinal. But for professional players, everything is new in high. I will not say that this is one of the best patches, because I do not remember the feelings from others. But I can’t name anything that I wouldn’t like right now.
– The developers are trying to somehow interest the audience, but online Dota 2 is falling. What do you think this is connected with?
“I don’t know, a tough question.” I do not feel that online Dota 2 is falling.
– People say that this is due to a lack of training. If it were, then more people would be interested.
– Maybe. Because I have never used this before, but what Valve does little to attract new players is 100%. I do not see any effort in advertising the game. I see that Valve works more in terms of e-sports – for professional players. And for new players it does less a lot.
Ghostik has been representing the Dendi team since the end of December 2019. Under the tag Mr the team took 11-12 place on Maincast Winter Brawl, and also stopped in the top 8 open qualifiers on ESL One Los Angeles 2020 for the CIS as part of B8 Esports. On February 19, the team will start a performance at WePlay! Dota 2 Tug of War: Mad Moon from the match against Secret, the beginning of which is scheduled for 15:00 Moscow time.