First-person camera, mutant wolves and the return of Chris Redfield – new rumors about Resident Evil 8
Command Residence of evil, VIGIL, published a video with an interesting portion of unconfirmed information about the next major part Resident evil. In the video, she is called a full-fledged representative of the main series, but supposedly Capcom wants to abandon the number “8”, choosing instead a catchy, catchy subheading. “Resident Evil 8” can be taken as a working title.
It is reported that the following information was received by the site Biohazard declassified, one of the largest fan resources for Resident Evil in the world, however, the team asks to take everything as a rumor.
- The protagonist of the project will be Ethan Winters – central character Resident Evil VII. The developers want to continue its story.
- Like Resident Evil VII, the next installment will be a first-person game..
- Ethan will face classic for a series of zombies.
- A completely new kind of monster will be some wolf-like creatures.
- A new type of adversary will also appear.. In particular, an annoying ghostly female figure is described. If you shoot at her, she will begin to disperse right in front of the hero. Enemies that dissolve in the air are unusual for Resident Evil, but the author recalls that Capcom used the use of the chemical that caused hallucinations in Leon in the old concept of Resident Evil 4 (known as Resident Evil 3.5). Perhaps there will be something similar.
- Of the old characters in the eighth part, Chris Redfield should light up. One of the additional episodes of Resident Evil VII was dedicated to him.
- History will begin in the village, and then move to the castle. The game will unfold in rural, mountainous landscapes. Perhaps in Europe. Snowy locations will appear.
Nibel, the administrator of the ResetEra forums, said he had heard similar information regarding the game, so I thought it was important to share it with my readers on Twitter.
It matches with stuff I’ve been hearing which is why I went forward with it
The info in the video is all coming from a playtest that Capcom had some time ago apparently
– Nibel (@Nibellion) January 28, 2020
According to Nibel, everything described in the video is based on testing the game, which Capcom managed to conduct among users last year.
A few days earlier another insider, Dusk golem, said that the development of Resident Evil 8 began at the end of 2016, but in 2017 the project paused, because then Capcom considered it necessary to transfer part of the resources to the DLC for Resident Evil 7 and a remake of Resident Evil 2, the production of which was behind the schedule. This iteration of RE8 was under development for several years, but about 6-7 months ago, production was restarted, so the “final” version is not engaged in more than a year. An insider noted that the creation of restarts usually proceeds faster due to the availability of ready-made developments, but in the near future the release of Resident Evil 8 is definitely not worth the wait.
The game will appear already on Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X.
Capcom does not comment on rumors. Now the company is preparing a launch remake Resident evil 3. It will be held in April 2020.
Read also: Players have been waiting for this for eight years – Sega and Microsoft invite to test the English version of Phantasy Star Online 2.
Take part in the new GameMAG.ru and Magic: The Gathering contest and win the new Theros Beyond the Death threshold deck.
Add to our Telegram channel via the link or search for it manually in the search by name gmradost. There we publish, including that which does not fall into the news feed.. Also subscribe to us in Yandex.Zen, Twitter and VK. And do not forget that we have a dark theme and a ribbon instead of tiles.